Grounds Maintenance Foreman – DSTL, Porton Down
Job Code: AM-F-PD
We are recruiting for a Grounds Maintenance Foreman who has a can-do attitude. This position is based at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) in Porton Down.
The ideal candidate must be able to work alone and as part of a team and lead a team.
Successful candidate would be required to pass high level security questionnaire and get security clearance.
As a Grounds Maintenance Foreman, you will effectively supervise your team on a daily basis, ensuring that the requirements of the client and the specification are fully met for the enjoyment, recreation and safety of the site, employees and visitors. Provide support to the line manager in relation to the team’s compliance of company procedures and policies.
Skills and experiences:
- Passionate about the environment with a keen eye for detail
- NVQ or Diploma Level 2 Horticulture / Landscaping (or equivalent) preferable
- Knowledge and experience of leadership and health and safety experience within the industry
- Experience in communicating directly with clients
- Spraying Certificates – NPTC PA1 & PA6 are essential
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience of Corporate and/or Local Authority Grounds Maintenance preferred
- Knowledge of heavy-duty gardening equipment
- Holds valid driving licence preferably with legal and practical ability to use a trailer.
In return we offer:
- Permanent Position
- Salary - £22K - £25K/annum
- Regular training
- Career progression within National Company
- Annual Pay review
- Recognition scheme.
To apply, please complete the ‘Apply on-line today’ section and attach an up to date CV.
Gavin Jones is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications without a CV will not be considered