Grounds Maintenance Operative – DSTL, Porton Down
Job Code: AM-GMO-PD
We are recruiting for a Grounds Maintenance Operative who has a can-do attitude. This position is based at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) in Porton Down. The ideal candidate must be able to work alone and as part of a team.
Successful candidate would be required to pass high level security questionnaire and get security clearance.
As a Grounds Maintenance Operative, you will be working ‘hands-on’ with a team of gardeners to provide a top class horticultural environment for their client. You must be able to demonstrate an interest in horticultural together with some horticultural skills and experience – ideally from within a similar environment.
In return we offer:
- Permanent Position
- Competitive salary – £8.00 - £8.72/hour (Depending on experience)
- Regular training
- Career progression within National Company
- Annual Pay review
- Recognition scheme
Skills and experiences:
- Passionate about the environment with a keen eye for detail.
- NVQ or Diploma Level 2 Horticulture / Landscaping (or equivalent) preferable
- Spraying Certificates – NPTC PA1 &PA6 are essential
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience of Corporate and/or Local Authority Grounds Maintenance preferred
- Knowledge of heavy-duty gardening equipment
- Holds valid driving licence preferably with legal and practical ability to use a trailer.
To apply, please complete the ‘Apply on-line today’ section and attach an up to date CV.
Gavin Jones is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications without a CV will not be considered