Head Gardener – Royal Household, London
We are currently recruiting an experienced Head Gardener to manage the beautiful gardens at Royal Household, London residence and administrative headquarters of the monarch of the United Kingdom. Working for the Royal Household doesn't just mean having an exceptional work experience; it also means working in magnificent historic surroundings.
The ideal candidate will have previous grounds maintenance experience with the ability to identify common garden plants, pests and diseases.
To effectively supervise your team on a daily basis, ensuring that the requirements of the client and the specification are fully met for the enjoyment, recreation and safety of the site, employees and visitors. Provide support to the line manager in relation to the team’s compliance of company procedures and policies.
In return we offer:
- Permanent Position
- Salary - £24.5K/annum
- Regular training
- Career progression within National Company
- Annual Pay review
- Recognition scheme
Skills and experiences:
- CRB check
- NVQ or Diploma Level 2 Horticulture / Landscaping (or equivalent) preferable
- Spraying Certificates – NPTC PA1 &PA6 preferable, but not required
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience of Corporate and/or Local Authority Grounds Maintenance
- Holds valid driving licence preferably with legal and practical ability to use a trailer
- Ideally previous experience of supervising others
- RHS General Horticulture or equivalent.
Applications without a CV will not be considered