Head Gardener – Potters Fields Park, London
We are looking to recruit an experienced Head Gardener to manage one of London’s most unique open green spaces, and one of the few alongside The River Thames – Potters Fields Park, London.
The ideal candidate will have previous grounds maintenance experience with the ability to identify common garden plants, pests and diseases.
To lead, support and motivate the existing team. You will require to work closely with the Client and with a team who are at the forefront of delivering high quality landscape and grounds maintenance. Overseeing maintenance of a garden designed by Piet Oudolf as well as other nearby locations alongside south bank right next to Tower Bridge. The post will involve planning and delivering various maintenance tasks and projects to improve the visitor experience and protect important habitats and cultural heritage features. The post holder will have a wide range of practical skills as well as a good knowledge of health and safety.
In return we offer:
- Permanent Position
- Competitive salary
- Regular training
- Career progression within National Company
- Annual Pay review
- Recognition scheme
Skills and experiences:
- CRB check
- Turf Machinery – practical use of both pedestrian and ride on rotary deck mowers
- NVQ or Diploma Level 2 Horticulture / Landscaping (or equivalent) preferable
- Spraying Certificates – NPTC PA1 &PA6 preferable, but not required
- 2 years’ experience in Landscaping / Grounds Maintenance
- RHS Level 2 Certificate or National qualification level 2 and/or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of Piet Outdolf planting schemes.
Applications without a CV will not be considered