Seasonal Gardener – Chiswick House, London
Job Code: WH-G-CH
We are looking to recruit a Seasonal Gardener to add to our Team of Gardeners maintaining the gardens within Chiswick House, an 18th century historical landscaped gardens in London.
The role offers a chance to learn the day to day working of the gardens and be a part of a hardworking and successful team.
The role is an 8 month seasonal position from April to October but could lead to full time employment if the candidate shows aptitude for the tasks allotted to them.
As a Gardener, you will work within an 18th century historical landscaped gardens as part of the Gavin Jones Garden maintenance team. Working alongside the Chiswick team you will be expected to have a punctual and professional manner and be able to work on tasks independently as well as taking instruction from the team leader. There is an element of public facing in the role as the gardens are open to the public and applicants should have good communication skills and have a polite and professional manner when communicating with either the public or the client.
Skills and experiences:
- Passionate about the environment with a keen eye for detail
- NVQ or Diploma Level 2 Horticulture / Landscaping (or equivalent)
- Spraying Certificates – NPTC PA1 &PA6 preferable, but not required
- A demonstrable ability to establish and sustain good working relationship within a team environment or the ability and initiative to work alone
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of Corporate and/or Local Authority Grounds Maintenance
- Full clean driving license necessary.
In return we offer:
- Seasonal Contract
- Salary - £9.5 – 10.85/hour
- Regular training.
To apply, please complete the ‘Apply on-line today’ section and attach an up to date CV.
Gavin Jones is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications without a CV will not be considered