Sports and Cricket Groundsman – Salisbury Plain
Job Code: RA-O-SP
We are recruiting for a Sport and Cricket Groundsman who has a can-do attitude who will join an existing team.
The ideal candidate must be able to work alone and as part of a team.
Successful candidate would be required to pass high level security questionnaire and get security clearance.
As a Sports and Cricket Groundsman will be required to maintain cricket pitch and outfields to County standard and prepare pitches for match days and training opportunities.
Skills and experiences:
- Must have good general knowledge with sports maintenance of winter grass pitches and synthetic surfaces
- Good customer relationship
- Good knowledge of Health and safety
- Knowledge of sports pitch renovations
- NVQ or Diploma Level 2 Horticulture / Landscaping (or equivalent) preferable
- PA1 &PA6 Spraying Certificate desirable, but not essential
- Must have a valid driving licence
- Previous experience in general grounds maintenance duties inc. grass cutting, hedge trimming, shrub bed main
- Must be available for evening and weekend working which will be paid as overtime.
In return we offer:
- Permanent Position
- Salary – £18k - £20k/annum (Depending on experience)
- Company van
- Regular training
- Career progression within National Company
- Annual Pay review
- Recognition scheme
To apply, please complete the ‘Apply on-line today’ section and attach an up to date CV.
Gavin Jones is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications without a CV will not be considered