We are looking to recruit a Grounds Maintenance Apprentice to work on sites in Central London.
The Apprentice’s main duties will include all aspects of Grounds Maintenance work i.e. mowing, strimming, planting and shrub maintenance. You will also be expected to:
- Create a positive impression with the clients and members of the public, presenting a polite and responsible attitude at all times.
- Wear the correct corporate clothing and ensure vehicles and machinery are professionally presented and that the site is kept clean and tidy.
- Identify the most appropriate plant, machinery and equipment for relevant tasks and ensure that maintenance and daily checks are undertaken.
- Take responsibility as part of the team for delivering a quality service.
- Follow instructions and respond positively.
- Be efficient and organised and work to company systems.
- Adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, wearing PPE and working to risk assessments and COSHH assessments.
Please Note: You will need a keen interest in horticulture as you will be expected to attend college on a day release or similar basis, working towards an Amenity Horticulture based qualification.
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic, willing to learn, punctual, reliable, and happy to work outside in all weathers.
To apply, please complete the ‘Apply on-line today’ section specifying the role you are interested in and attach an up to date CV.
Closing date for applications is 31st July 2018
Gavin Jones Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.