We are looking to recruit a local person for the position of Park Ranger based at Bucklers Park, Crowthorne. It is a requirement of the role that you are resident in the Wokingham or Crowthorne area and ideally have a postcode beginning with RG12, RG42, RG40, RG41, RG45, GU46, GU47 or GU15.
The main duties and responsibilities for this position will include:
- Car Park Management – early morning opening of car park (opens daily at sun rise or 6.00am seasonally), late evening closing of car park.
- Monitoring visitor numbers and keeping a log
- Compiling a photo record of activity/issues e.g. photos of storm water attenuation areas after heavy rain fall events
- Maintenance and monitoring of park signage, features and notice boards. Reporting vandalism and/or damage.
- Reporting and communicating on a regular basis with Gavin Jones management
- Monitoring of the SANGS (suitable alternative natural green spaces) including:
- monitoring and reporting the water flow on the connecting flood basins/ponds
- being aware of the risk of wildfire on site
- ensuring footpaths are kept clear etc.
- inspecting Green Box features and refilling leaflet dispenser, managing community notice board
- Role may develop to liaising with schools and/or user groups and completing guided tours
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be able to demonstrate previous experience of dealing with the general public and have an interest in the park. You will be reliable, enthusiastic, punctual and happy to work outside in all weathers.
In return we are offering a competitive salary and excellent development opportunities.
To apply, please complete the ‘Apply on-line today’ section specifying the role you are interested in and attach an up to date CV.
Closing date for applications is 14th September 2018
Gavin Jones Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.