Why we are working
Following the Prime Minister’s announcements on 23 March and 10 May, we wanted to update you on the measures The Nurture Landscapes Group, which includes Gavin Jones Ltd, are taking to provide a safe and clean environment for our clients and our colleagues during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our top priority is the safety and wellbeing of all our staff and their families in this unprecedented situation.
The Nurture Landscapes Group provides services to many key and essential business and organisations. These include hospitals, several Royal Parks and 643 DWP offices across the UK.
It is clear from all the various announcements from the government over the past two months that they are actively encouraging outdoor based workers to go to work as long as they can do so in a safe manner. As a result we have been at work since day 1 of the ‘lockdown’ and have been adapting our working practices as required by law and by following a practical common sense approach.
To ensure we are doing everything possible to reduce the risk of infection, The Nurture Landscapes Group have put the following measures in place which include;
- Ensuring all team members in any workplace are aware of the 2.0m social distance guidelines and adhere to this at all times.
- No face to face interaction with other team members, on site customers or members of the public.
- Stagger break times to ensure no interaction thus reducing risk.
- Cleaning down of multi-use machinery or vehicles before transferring to another user.
- Regular washing of hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Each office has created an outdoor, or within workshop/stores etc, testing station to enable the use of a non-contact forehead infrared thermometer prior entering the office.
- To provide extra protection to office users desk segregation has been installed Perspex Screens on desk pods.
- Disinfectant wipe routine on all common surfaces to be completed at least every 2 Hours.
- Demarcation of 2m zone around communal equipment – e.g. Photocopier, kitchen areas etc.
- Hand sanitiser and hand wipes have been supplied to every desk for personal use.
We can confirm we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 ensuring we meet their 5 steps to safer working together.
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here.
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace.
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk.
We are exceptionally proud of our staff. Please support them by keeping a 2 metre social distance as they are doing their very best to keep our green spaces safe clean and tidy